Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Resignation of BOD Treasurer

August 15, 2011


To: Seth Levine
President, Elizabeth Condominium

Subject: Resignation from Elizabeth Board of Directors


I have served on the Elizabeth Condominium Board for the past 15½ months. Having served on the previous board I thought I knew what to expect, but nothing prepared me for the increasingly dysfunctional environment that is the hallmark of this current Board.

It is quite telling that there have been three sets of officers and one resignation within the first 50 days of this Board’s existence. I had hoped all that was behind the Board, when, at the June 23rd meeting, you “advised the ECA members that the BOD intended to work together from now on to serve the best interest of the Elizabeth Condominium Association.” (Draft minutes for the June 23, 2011 Board meeting).

Unfortunately this has not happened. Although it isn’t necessary that we like each other, it is critical that we treat each other with respect and civility. The lack of objectivity, professionalism, and transparency that I have encountered and that has been observed and commented on by the Elizabeth owners does not serve those we represent in the manner they expect and deserve. Instead of focusing on and working towards what best serves the Elizabeth, I experience a Board that is replete with personal ill-will, petulance behavior, hidden agendas, and a penchant for taking offense at the slightest opportunity.

The personal toll of working in such a dysfunctional environment has been enormous. So much so that continuing to serve on the Elizabeth Board is now untenable. Accordingly, I am submitting my resignation from the Board of Directors of the Elizabeth Condominium Association effective at the close of tonight’s public Board meeting, Monday, August 15, 2011.




Molly M. Frantz
Treasurer,
Elizabeth Condominium Association

No comments: