A
number of ECA members have been suggesting ways to save money on energy bills.
Here is a message from Brad Bickford and a response from ECA president Z Becca:
Hi
Karren:
Thanks for your
excellent board/meeting notes. I have a suggestion to save Elizabeth
money and cut wasteful energy. Can we cut off the hallway lights on lobby
floor during the day time especially when it is a bright sunny day? Or at
a minimum turn off every other light? Global warming is REAL TOO!
Thanks
Brad
Bickford , owner 1601
Hi Karren,
Thank you for the note from Mr. Bickford. We are already
taking these suggestions into consideration because couple of other residents
had similar ideas. Before any steps are taken we need to figure out the
liability component of implementation, accessibility, reach and obviously the
cost. One solution could potentially be the following:
GE Indoor Motion Activated
Light Control
by GE
Link: http://a.co/iCvGQYL
Link: http://a.co/iCvGQYL
I'm loving the fact that people are thinking outside the box to
help us save money. Although the savings would be insignificant with the
control of the lobby lights, they still add up. I would love it even more
if somebody had a cost saving idea on a grand scale. Someone in one of
the surveys mentioned renting our roof top space to a cell phone provider for a
tower. Now that could be big if feasible. I'm assuming the cell
phone providers would have already approached us if our building was of
interest to them, but totally worth looking into.
Best, -Z
No comments:
Post a Comment