Friday, May 22, 2020

Need Action on Clearing Condensate Lines BEFORE Leaks Occur


I am concerned about the prospect of a humid summer and the leaks that happen when the condensate lines above my apartment are not cleared.

The condensate lines are associated with the HVACs systems in every apartment.

After receiving the notice that residents could optionally ask for their filters to be changed and at that time condensate lines would be treated, I wrote to the Board with copies sent to our General Manage to strongly suggest that treating the condensate lines be a mandatory action for every apartment and that action be taken now before the humidity becomes acute. Why? Because it will save the Association unnecessary costs and staff time related to damaged walls and floors from leaks.

Last year, my apartment had a series of leaks from clogged condensate lines above me and my apartment was in disarray for 2 months.

So, I wrote to the Board on May 19 and got a prompt reply from our Board president Lyle Schwartz saying “thanks for copying management. I’ll leave the response to MaryAnn.”

On May 21, after not getting any response from the GM, I wrote to the Board president and Board and copied management, the following:
Has MaryAnn reported to you about the issues I raised regarding comprehensive clearing of condensate lines” and did he consider this appropriate response time from the General Manager?”

Lyle Schwartz answered me quickly that day, “The issues have been referred to management. Please direct your further questions on these subjects to her.”

In the recent past, Lyle has asked that problems be addressed to him before escalating the issue. However, as Board president of the Elizabeth, he represents Association members and he is our General Manager’s supervisor. As such, he needs to follow up with the general manager.

Today at close of business May 22, there has been no response from MaryAnn Hall. This is typical of Ms. Hall’s behavior. We need a general manager who is not only responsive to such issues but one who will take a genuine interest in maintaining our building.

No comments: