Monday, May 25, 2020

Fire Code Violation


Have you noticed that no one is taking care of the building and the problems are escalating?

Yes, there are plenty of small things like the elevator pads hanging in car 4 of the West Tower  for several days, dog pee on the elevator floor, and some kind of noxious spray defacing the brass and stainless steel panels that control what floor you select in both the garage elevators and the West Tower Elevators, as well as the metal plates on each floor where you call the elevators.

However, for many days, in stairwell A, the gate between floors 1 and 2 is broken now and can no longer be opened by applying pressure on the horizontal bar. Needless to say, that if we have a fire or some other emergency requiring that we evacuate the building, this would prevent an orderly exit.

There is no excuse for not sending our engineer on duty to fix this gate or to bring in a contractor. This is a fire code violation and our safety is in jeopardy.

On May 23rd I sent a message to the entire Board, our General Manager, and our Assistant GM. I have not gotten a response.

The only thing that makes a difference is when people write in large numbers to the Board or speak up at the monthly meetings.  I have said it before but I will say it again, we need a new General Manager who wants to do what the job requires.

No comments: